Tuesday 20 May 2014

Still at target - some musings

It's been a strange few weeks since I reached my target weight. I think we get consumed with losing weight each week, working towards our goal, and when we reach it it feels somewhat strange. Suddenly that impetus has gone and we enter Stage 2 of the journey, the Maintain phase.

Reactions towards my weight loss have been mixed - the vast majority of people are really pleased for you and tell you how well you've done. But there are the 'other' comments from others to deal with, e.g.  you'll be on a diet for the rest of your life (which shows how little they understand Slimming World!) and even 'you could do with putting a bit of weight back on' !!  Is it any wonder many of us get anxious?

Since getting to target, I've lost another 1.5lbs unintentionally, and had to have my target re-set as I was right at the bottom of the 3lbs leeway we're allowed.  I've increased my Healthy A and B allowances (includes milk, butter, cheese, bread) and also am eating a few more syns each day. Hopefully on Friday when I weigh in I'll have maintained, and really don't mind if I've put on a lb or so. Another target member in my group warned me that being at target can 'mess with your head' and I understand now what she meant - the mind games really start.

I joined a new Facebook group for SW target members which is brilliant - so good to hear we all feel much the same and to learn strategies to deal with it all. 

Meanwhile, I still eat my Slimming World meals as that feels normal to me and far more enjoyable than the stodge or processed food I used to eat up to 8 months ago.  Tea tonight was a lovely chicken salad with some potatoes and a squirt or two of a tasty garlic mayonnaise.  Yum!




No comments:

Post a Comment