Saturday 12 April 2014

Chickpea Dahl loaf

Well, it's been a while since I blogged!  I'd got in a bit of a rut, playing safe and cooking the same old recipes. However, I recently joined a new SW group, and my new leader is full of tips, ideas and new recipes, and I feel quite enthusiastic again :)
I'm only half a lb away from my target weight and have lost almost 2 stone and gone down two dress sizes. Very happy to be back to the size I was 30 years ago!
The recipe I tried out today is called Chickpea Dahl loaf and it is syn free.  It's basically made by mixing 3 beaten eggs with a can of Chickpea Dahl and a packet of savoury rice made up as directed.  It's cooked on 180 for around half an hour, and can be eaten in a variety of ways and as a substitute for the usual potatoes, pasta, couscous or plain rice - all of which get a bit boring after a while.
Here is is, straight out of the oven...


...and I had 3 slices with Linda McCartney Italian vegetarian sausage (0.5 syns each), plus french beans and carrots. The loaf is very moist and tasty, and the sausage is my all time favourite


It was very filling and I felt no need to snack at all this evening. Next time I might have some sort of sauce with it, but it was very nice without.

No comments:

Post a Comment