Thursday 13 March 2014

Beef pasta bake

I absolutely love this - always make a big batch so I can freeze off a few portions.  You can add what veg you like - I added mushrooms, chopped onions, red pepper, garlic, and a few broad beans for extra colour. I forgot to add some mixed herbs, but didn't spoil the taste :)

  

The recipe:-

 300g extra lean minced beef

1/2 clove garlic

Onions, peppers,mushrooms (as much as you like!)

400g tinned tomatoes

2 tbsp tomato purée

450g pasta (any shape)

Mixed herbs (to your own taste)


Method

Brown off the mince. Add onions, peppers, mushrooms, tomato purée and tinned tomatoes. Cook on hob for 2-3 mins then put aside.

Cook pasta until al dente and drain then mix together with meat mixture.

Place in oven proof dish and cook for 20-30 mins on has mark 4/180 deg C (although I leave it in for an hour, so the peppers and onions are really softened)

Also you could add your HEA cheese on top for a nice topping

No comments:

Post a Comment