Tuesday 4 March 2014

Dinner and dieting

People who don't follow Slimming World often have completely the wrong idea about it all. I've met people who've said they couldn't exist on lettuce, would miss rice, potatoes and pasta, and couldn't stand not being able to have sweet things any more. They think we don't eat properly!

I've never eaten so well for years and my plate is usually piled up. When I hit a bit of plateau a while back, I realised I wasn't eating enough, and upped the superfree veg (often half my plate is full of them).

Tonight's dinner is fairly typical -


Chicken breast roasted (minus skin) in the oven, new potatoes, broccoli, carrots, beans and a syn's worth of gravy.  I'm full to bursting!  Later on I will have some lemon curd dip and a meringue - home made and completely syn free.  I still have around 6 syns to use, so if I've room I'll have a Cadbury fudge bar, or save them til tomorrow and might have a creme egg (9 syns!!)

So yes, dieting is such a trial (....not!)

No comments:

Post a Comment