Saturday 1 March 2014

Old favourite for tea

- my delicious beef and pasta bake, this time with lots of my favourite superfree veg, green beans and carrots.  Slimming World recommend a third of the plate superfree, but I decided on more as I love my veggies.


Last night I was sorting out the freezer. It's a big chest freezer, which right now is virtually full. When I cook, I tend to make a large batch and freeze several portions, as I don't want to be cooking every single day, much as I have grown to enjoy cooking.

I very carelessly put a container to one side as I was busy reorganising, and forgot to put it back in the freezer. I discovered this faux pas this morning when I went back into the spare room (where my freezer lives, due to having such a tiny kitchen) and found said container which had 2 portions of casserole in it. Defrosted of course, and it had been hanging around for too many hours to risk eating it.  Not happy!

Tomorrow I'm cooking a corned beef quiche, and my half syn cake which will have the syn free lemon curd dip as a filling. I'll also be going through my recipe books as I found a lot of meat in the freezer (I tend to buy when there's a good offer on), and planning out what to cook next. I have a lot of veggies in (I use Aldi and my local excellent farm shop) so I'm good to go.  My goal this month is to spend as little as possible on food, and start using up my stash in the freezer instead of hoarding it.

Weigh in on Tuesday - not sure how that will go. I've eaten probably a few too many syns this past few days, my weakness being chocolate!  We'll see what happens! I really want to get to target by the end of the month if possible - 6lbs in 4 weeks - but that's probably unrealistic as my weight loss has slowed down a lot at this point. I'll really be happy if I'm at target at the end of April, which is probably more realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment